Tuxworth-Fullwood House

Tuxworth Fullwood House Heritage Listing
National Trust 3/10/1995 Northern Territory 25/10/1995

This building was built in 1942 as an extension of the existing hospital, in response to a pressing need for improved health services for the large military population of the Tennant Creek district during World War Two. It was designed by noted architect B.C.G Burnett, and is the only known design by Burnett in Tennant Creek.

After the war, it served for over thirty years as the outpatients department for the Tennant Creek Hospital. It is now the only surviving structure from the former Tennant Creek Hospital.

The building was restored by the National Trust in 1980. It is known as ‘Tuxworth-Fullwood House’, after Mrs Hilda Tuxworth, M.B.E., and Mr. Bill and Mrs. Marjorie Fullwood, in recognition of their services to the National Trust.
(content National Trust NT)

Tuxworth-Fullwood House is open from May to September.

Tuxworth-Fullwood House
63 Schmidt Street
Tennant Creek
NT 0860

Phone Us

(08) 8962 1281

Google Translate